Wow, where to start?
The first phase of the Alpha Odyssey is a two-year adventure from Brisbane-Cairns-Indonesia-Singapore-Thailand-Malaysia-Philippines-….? There’s hundreds of places we are keen to go, but here’s a few of the must-do bucket list items.
- Fishing in the Great Sandy Straits and anchoring off Fraser Island
- Hanging out in the lagoon at Lady Musgrave Island
- Seeing turtle hatchlings
- Heron Island
- 100 magic miles in the Whitsundays, especially Hook Island/reef
- Hinchinbrook Island Walks
- Lizard Island and Cod Hole
- Cape York Peninsula and Thursday Island
- Wakotobi Islands
- Komodo National Park
- Raja Ampat
- Climbing volcanoes on Banda Island
- All the good spots in Thailand! (I need more specific recommendations)
- Snorkelling with whale sharks (wherever they are)
- A return trip to Bougainville
- More diving in Philippines
- Orangutans on Borneo
Further afield, the bucket list includes:
- Sailing to the Kimberleys in WA
- Taking the boat right up to a waterfall!
- Hole in the Wall, NT
- Panama Canal!
- Bahamas, Caribbean, South America and all that stuff over there!
What else should be added?