Wow, where to start?
The first phase of the Alpha Odyssey is a two-year adventure from Brisbane-Cairns-Indonesia-Singapore-Malaysia-Thailand- and then back again. There’s hundreds of places we are keen to go and stacks of things we are keen to do, but here’s a few of the top bucket list items:
- Swimming with whale sharks!!! Definitely the number one.
- Fishing in the Great Sandy Straits and anchoring off Fraser Island
- Hanging out in the lagoon at Lady Musgrave Island
- Seeing turtle hatchlings
- 100 magic miles in the Whitsundays, especially Hook Island/reef
- Hinchinbrook Island Walks
- Lizard Island and Cod Hole
- Cape York Peninsula and Thursday Island
- Wakotobi Islands
- Komodo National Park
- Raja Ampat
- Climbing volcanoes
- Diving at Richelieu rock in Thailand
- A dip in jellyfish lake!
- A return trip to Bougainville
- Orangutans on Borneo
- Seeing birds of paradise.
Further afield, the bucket list includes:
- A road trip around Australia
- Diving in the Maldives
- St Helena
- The Camino pilgrimage walk
- West Africa to visit friends in Sierra Leone.
- summer in Cape Town (thanks SV Delos for the inspo!)
What else should be added?